Accessing data with our API
About the API
If you have programming knowledge you can use this API to access datasets in the Use land and property data service. This is a RESTful API in JSON format, making it suitable for a range of programming languages.
What you can access with the API
You can use the API to get:
- a list of HM Land Registry datasets that are available from this service
- a list of HM Land Registry datasets that are not part of the service
- information and metadata about datasets
- secure links for downloading datasets
You can access datasets that show:
- UK companies that own property in England and Wales
- Overseas companies that own property in England and Wales
- National Polygon Service
- Restrictive Covenants
- Registered Leases
How to access the datasets
You need to create an account to agree to a licence to access the datasets.
- Create an account if you do not have one
- Sign in to your account
- Agree to the data licence(s) on the Use land and property data website
- Get your API key
Access the API from the base URL: https://use-land-property-data.service.gov.uk/api/v1/
This is API version [1.0].
For technical information read the API technical documentation.